Skip to Navigation Skip to Content

SITE SEARCH

FIND A LOCAL UK BIKE SHOP

Show shops within miles of

Looking to move from mountain to hybrid

23 June, 2011 12:50AM
hello all, currently own and old Giant atx 870 and im looking at getting a new bike but thinking of making the change from mountain to hybrid. I mostly use the bike for getting to and from work , about a 20 mile round trip. I went with the mountain bike originaly as im a big bloke and was using it to loose weight. There was no way a road bike would have lasted with me on it.
Anyways although ive lost alot of weight im still sure that a road bike wouldnt be the best option for me as im still 16 and a half stone and 6ft 4. Plus i liked the fact that with slicks on my mountain bike i never really had to worry about all the crap roads in my neck of the woods.
So im thinking Hybrid is pobably the way to go as still quite sturdy and good sized tyres but havnt bought a bike in ages and im outta touch with all the gear. I went to evans bike shop and they recomended a couple so i looked them up , but they were under my price range , im a beleiver in you get what you pay for so i found a couple in my price range which is between £800 and £900.

Specialized Crosstrail Pro Disc 2011 Hybrid Bike

or

Scott Sportster 25 2011 Hybrid Bike

Both bikes are the same price what i have no idea is how the 2 specs compare as i know very little about components. Anyway any help or advice would be welcome.
Also if theres another hybrid out there that deserves a recomendation , feel free
Subject Author Posted

Looking to move from mountain to hybrid

warsev 23 June, 2011 12:50AM

Re: Looking to move from mountain to hybrid

DocB 23 June, 2011 07:43AM

warsev 23 June, 2011 11:18AM

cotterpin 23 June, 2011 12:02PM

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Sitemap | Privacy Policy | Terms & Conditions
WhyCycle and all content is ©Copyright SiWIS 2001-2014 except where stated.