Skip to Navigation Skip to Content

SITE SEARCH

FIND A LOCAL UK BIKE SHOP

Show shops within miles of

Re: Saracen Urban ESC womens 2011 or Claud Butler Urban 100 womens 2011

26 June, 2011 08:07AM
Yes, do go to a local bike shop no matter what you buy. The reason is that bikes have to be built and serviced by before they can be ridden and the local shop has a real incentive to do this because they will have you back and have to face you as an irate customer if they don't. No sensible retailer wants that. On line buying at this end of the market is a bit hit and miss, especially if you buy on price alone. Some on line retailers do all the work that a shop does and will make sure that your bike is fit and ready to ride when you get it. Others , particularly those who cut every corner to get the price down, will simply send you the bike in a box as it came from a factory and leave to you to build and service. Some say that unpacking and building a bike is straightforward but this is misleading. It is if you have done a few, have all the kit, and know what you are doing. It isn't if you are the the average person. You will get it wrong somewhere and you don't want to be riding a bike like that.

It is all to easy to get caught out as I know from the bikes I see in my shop that have been home built. Odd ones are well built because the purchaser was, or knew somebody who was a keen cyclist and good amateur mechanic but most are best described as death traps.
Subject Author Posted

Saracen Urban ESC womens 2011 or Claud Butler Urban 100 womens 2011

swoods75 25 June, 2011 04:59PM

DocB 25 June, 2011 06:40PM

swoods75 25 June, 2011 08:51PM

DocB 26 June, 2011 08:07AM

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Sitemap | Privacy Policy | Terms & Conditions
WhyCycle and all content is ©Copyright SiWIS 2001-2014 except where stated.