Skip to Navigation Skip to Content

SITE SEARCH

FIND A LOCAL UK BIKE SHOP

Show shops within miles of

Re: What bike do I need?

13 March, 2012 04:06PM
Hi DocB, thanks for replying
It's a group of around 100 and there are support vehicles. the charity is Macmillan Cancer support. The ride is over 4 days and the first 3 days are around 130km each day with the 4th being 90km, I'm riding primarily with one of my friends in memory of his dad and he's the same as me, not a cyclist as such but he has a hybrid that he commutes on although he's never taken on anything like this before. We've been told by the guys organising this that everyone kind of slots into groups depending on how they want to ride, as quickly as possible or just getting it done with no time frame in mind, I'm not looking to break any records but I would like to ride it at a reasonable pace
I'm unsure what I'll do once the ride is over really, I've trained solely in the gym so far but I used to like cycling years ago so I'd like to buy something which I can continue to use on a more leisurely basis afterwards and I've set myself a budget of £500 but not knowing whether that will get me something suitable have a little more if neccessary
Subject Author Posted

What bike do I need?

NorthernD 13 March, 2012 01:56PM

DocB 13 March, 2012 03:26PM

NorthernD 13 March, 2012 04:06PM

cotterpin 13 March, 2012 06:22PM

DocB 14 March, 2012 07:49AM

NorthernD 14 March, 2012 09:19AM

DocB 14 March, 2012 02:03PM

Author:

Subject:

Sitemap | Privacy Policy | Terms & Conditions
WhyCycle and all content is ©Copyright SiWIS 2001-2014 except where stated.