Skip to Navigation Skip to Content

SITE SEARCH

FIND A LOCAL UK BIKE SHOP

Show shops within miles of

Re: BHF London to Brighton 2014

Steve
31 January, 2014 10:31PM
Thanks Murray that's brilliant!
Just what i wanted to know, someone that had done it a few times with experience under their belt that could give me an idea of what i'm letting myself in for... I've heard a couple of stories of people that had done it but said "never again!" I'm guessing it's because they never prepared properly, one guy i think didn't ride on a regular basis and just went and done it! Possibly not a good idea...

Talking of average speed on the flat, i think i can manage about 12-15 mph according to my cycle computer, not sure about doing it for hours though, that would probably drop to 10-12 mph... Not very fast i suppose by some peoples standards but my bike is quite heavy (Claude Butler Urban 200 with associated gearing) and i'm not mega fit! Just need this weather to clear up a bit so i can get out there and get a few miles under my belt...

Interesting what you say about climbing hills, i don't stand on the pedals either as i find it even more tiring, i just feel i'm a bit slow, but as you say drop down as many gears as you need to make it comfortable i suppose.

Thank you so much for all the info Murray, are you doing it this year?

I think as you say i may be too late this year as it is a very popular event, i'll enquire and see if there's any places left anyway and take it from there... I have actually found it to be quite expensive initially as i would need transport to and from the event plus the entrance fee, did you find this? Does that £24 cover both ways re transport do you think?

That's 2 years on the trot now i said i'm gonna do it, one year... one year... I'll get there...

All the best, Steve...
Subject Author Posted

BHF London to Brighton 2014

Steve 31 January, 2014 12:14AM

Murray R Langton 31 January, 2014 07:49PM

Steve 31 January, 2014 10:31PM

Murray R Langton 01 February, 2014 01:08PM

Steve 01 February, 2014 02:14PM

Author:

Subject:

Sitemap | Privacy Policy | Terms & Conditions
WhyCycle and all content is ©Copyright SiWIS 2001-2014 except where stated.