Skip to Navigation Skip to Content

SITE SEARCH

FIND A LOCAL UK BIKE SHOP

Show shops within miles of

Re: Trek Fuel - advice requried please

Old Message
25 June, 2001 01:55AM
Posted by MarkyB on January 28, 19101 at 20:51:04:

In Reply to: Re: Trek Fuel - advice requried please posted by Si on January 23, 19101 at
12:23:32:

Test riding all the options would be best, however 4 what it's worth imho:-
Your pals riding Marin & Specialized are not the best people 2 listen 2, hardly gonna be
unbiased are they!, both companies make absolutely wicked x-country & Trail type sussers.

There is a difference, the Fuels do not have anything like as much travel as a Speccy Enduro
or Marin big bouncer. The Fuels are more of a dedicated x-country bike, more of a match with the Speccy FSR.

The Specialized and Marin options offer more travel & quite a long product
history, the Fuels are, obviously, new this year. Trek will have made a lot of effort testing the Fuel, so it can be expected to be a decent bike, there again Specialized 2000 Enduro's had
problems 'cos the bottom bracket height was insufficient, so slightly faulted machines *do* make it onto the market.
I was looking at all 3 options myself last month, decided on a Speccy
Enduro, and ended up buying a sexy Bianchi road bike! So back to the beginning, go and test ride em.

: : I am thinking of buying the new Trek Fuel 98 but my mates who ride Marins
and Specialized are not convinced that the rear suspension on the new Trek is good enough for cross country, woods, mud etc. Any advice would be welcomed.Or do I conform and go for a MArin or
Specialized.

: Why not find a good local dealer willing to let you test ride each of the bikes in turn. Not all will let you off road but some have dedicated test machines that
could prove to you whether the Trek Marin or Specialized was right for you. Just because your mates have the others does not mean that the Trek will not be best suited to your riding style.
The only way to know for certain is to try them.
Subject Author Posted

Trek Fuel - advice requried please

Old Message 25 June, 2001 01:54AM

Old Message 25 June, 2001 01:54AM

Old Message 25 June, 2001 01:55AM

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Sitemap | Privacy Policy | Terms & Conditions
WhyCycle and all content is ©Copyright SiWIS 2001-2014 except where stated.