Skip to Navigation Skip to Content

SITE SEARCH

FIND A LOCAL UK BIKE SHOP

Show shops within miles of

First Hybrid Bike

Feiticera
18 October, 2011 01:50PM
Hello All,

New to these forums, so big hello and thanks in advance for any suggestions and advice. Hope you are all well...!

I have recently applied for the Ride to Work scheme and have a £800 voucher burning a hole in my pockets for Evans Cycles. Before spending a decent amount of money I wanted to check I was along the right lines, as I am totally new to all this.

What im After:
-A Hybrid Bike - I dont like drop bars, and feel the head up position is just safer and more comfortable for a London City commute
-I will only be using the bike for a commute and will be doing the friendly side of 20k per day.
-Although Im new to cycling, I run this route fairly often, so hence justifying spending enough to let me keep pushing myself.
-Budget approx £800

With the above in mind, the following have caught my eye:
Specialized Sirrus Comp
Trek 7.5
Ridgeback Ultraflight and Flight 03

I guess I am just looking for any further advice on which brands are reliable, or components, which i really dont know what im looking for (ive mostly been trying to go for Shimano components for example). If things like disc brakes are a major consideration and probably many other things I havent considered.

Thanks again,

Kind regards,

Owen
Subject Author Posted

First Hybrid Bike

Feiticera 18 October, 2011 01:50PM

Re: First Hybrid Bike

Cotterpin 18 October, 2011 04:31PM

Feiticera 18 October, 2011 04:55PM

Cotterpin 18 October, 2011 08:53PM

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Sitemap | Privacy Policy | Terms & Conditions
WhyCycle and all content is ©Copyright SiWIS 2001-2014 except where stated.